As of: 03/18/2020
Before you leave the residence halls: Follow the check out procedures with UNLV Housing
As soon as possible:
- Sign up for direct deposit in MyUNLV
- Update your mailing address in MyUNLV, a forwarding address request with the Post Office is not allowable
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Room & Board Charges related to COVID-19 situation in March 2020.
- Will students be refunded?
- Room and board charges will be reduced on a prorated basis and a credit will be applied to the student’s account
- If there is no balance due, students will receive a refund.
- If there is a balance due, the credit from prorated room and board will pay down the balance. If a credit remains after the balance is paid, students will receive a refund of the remaining available credit.
- What if a student is on a payment plan?
- Payment plan installments will be automatically adjusted.
- Check MyUNLV to view the updated payment amount.
- How and when will students get their refunds?
- If original payments were made by credit card – refunds will go back to the original credit card. Refunds are processed each Wednesday following the completed process.
- If original payments were made by cash or check – direct deposits can be processed daily, and paper checks are typically issued on Thursdays.
- Note there may be a delay during this unique situation, but we are committed to processing as quickly as possible.
- What if scholarships paid for my charges?
- The source of the funding does not matter. The refund process remains the same.
- Who do I contact for more information or if my question isn’t listed here?
- Contact UNLV Housing at 702-895-3489 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What if my student has a Commuter Meal Plan?
Refunds will be provided on a pro-rated daily basis (note, if there is excessive use, the remaining balance will be refunded, rather than the pro-rated amount).
Contact Chable Bracken at Aramark (UNLV’s Dining Service Provider) at (702) 895-5689 or email email@example.com.
What if my student has RebelCash remaining?
Rebel Cash does not expire. It may be used anytime, including next semester.
Food service for residence hall students:
The Dining Commons and the Dining Commons POD (grocery store items) remain open with hours updated on the website at unlv.campusdish.com. The Dining Commons is operated by Aramark, a large national corporation with many food resources and suppliers. The Dining Commons continues to receive regular food deliveries and has plenty of food in stock.